Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sketchbook Pages 3 - Beisbol

Since I posted about baseball yesterday, here a couple sketchbook pages I drew last week to reacquaint myself with the, Francisco Sanchez, the lead of my "Beisbol" comic stories (printed in Flight Comics vol 2 and 5).

It was fun drawing Francisco again after not touching him for probably the better part of a year. I have finally started trying to work out a solid story for a planned graphic novel starring Francisco. Planned for when? No clue, but I know I wont draw it unless I am happy with the story, I know where I want it to start and end, but the middle is a mess right now.




I know these pages aren't terribly impressive, but I need to remember how to draw his face! (Sorry Francisco, it's been too long)

Anyhow, I can't wait to keep exploring this world. Actually, Here is one of my favorite pages from "Beisbol" part 1 (I rewrote the text in better handwriting than the original printed story), it is a montage page talking about real life Cuban Baseball legends from the early 1900s, Adolfo Luque, Martin Dihigo, and Cristobal Torriente. One of the things I hope to do with telling the fictional story of Francisco Sanchez is to highlight the real life characters of forgotten players from Cuba, the Negro Leagues, the Major Leagues, the Nippon Leage, and other countries from around the world. I really love the history of baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment