Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Sunset in Culver City

No, I did not make a New Years Resolution to post more often... but here I am.

I am embarrassed to post this, since I haven't done any plein- aire painting in years, and this was done for myself, just like most everything I draw is for myself, but here is a quick painting I did when I came home after an afternoon walk. I saw the most beautiful sunset ever; this painting can't hold a candle to what I saw, but I had to try to capture even a small piece of that feeling.

BTW, I promise to try to post more often.

2 comments:

  1. yay posting! great color scheme- can't wait to see more! : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it and know what you mean about not being able to capture the moment you are experincing in a drawing or painting. For me it's the thing that frustrates me the most but I've learned to just go with the flow and draw. If I don't like the first one I'll just draw it a second time whatever that it happens to be at the time.

    ReplyDelete