Friday, September 21, 2012

Early morning Hulking out

What's this?! Two posts in two days?! Whoa whoa, hold the phones...

Actually, I just felt bad that I didn't post art yesterday when I posted my thoughts... so, here ya go. A little warm up I did before hitting these storyboards I need to clean up.

Every once in a while, I go back to drawing Marvel characters (although it seems to be the only thing I post online, trust me, I draw lots of other stuff, I just never scan it). I never feel like I do them justice, but it was always my dream to draw these characters professionally, and I'll get it right one day! Why is it that the characters/things we love most are the hardest to draw? Maybe I just care too much, want them to be too perfect. Gotta let go, and that's what I tried to do here, I had to redraw this a few times and keep telling myself "Be loose"...Here is the sketch, and some quick colors I threw on it, just to try colors.

My thoughts- I am torn on this one. I like some things going on, and it may be the best Hulk I have drawn, but ultimately it's not what I had imagined in my head. I wanted something filling the page more, something more imposing, but I got so caught up trying to get it right that I forgot what the initial concept was... so really, it's a failure... but like I said, gotta keep trying to get it right. 10,000 hours, people... and when I am done with that, I will need another 10,000!!!

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. You need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... Success for you.....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. You need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... Success for you.....!!!

    ReplyDelete